Here are just a few of the random things in my life that I can’t live without:
- My Saucony Kinvara running shoes. These are, by far, the best running shoes I’ve ever owned. They aren’t heavy like traditional running shoes, but aren’t quite basic enough to be considered “barefoot” running shoes. They give me the support I need while keeping me light on my feet. I own the pink and white ones, but plan on eventually owning a pair in every color that I can get my hands on. =)
- My Brooks Infiniti Short Tights. They are super comfortable, don’t ride up, and are the perfect length for me– hitting right above the knee. I’ve never been a fan of “spandex” shorts until I wore these. Now I’m spoiled and could never go back to wearing any other style of running shorts.
- My Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor. I don’t do cardio without it. It’s not their top-of-the-line model, but it’s not complicated at all and it shows me my heart rate– which is really all that I need to know. I run 90% of my races with it (for a cool tool to determine your target heart rate for races or training, click here). I also rely on it to give me the most effective spin class possible.
- Coffee. This has nothing to do with health, fitness, wellness, etc. but I love it so much I wouldn’t feel right excluding it from a list of things that I love. =)
- Sweet potato fries!! Get my recipe here.
- Runningwarehouse.com. They have great deals on running gear, including frequent promo codes. The best part of their site is that they have free two-day shipping– so no pay and no wait to get your stuff!! Like their Facebook page to keep in-the-loop on all of their deals & specials.