I used to make a big batch of this chili to take to work for lunch. I’d put it in the Crock Pot overnight, and when I’d wake up it would be ready to eat (not to mention the house smelled *fantastic*). Freeze in individual containers to eat later, if you want. Add a dollop of nonfat plain Greek yogurt on top to make a warm, creamy meal for cold winter days. =)
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey (use two cans of mushrooms to make it a veggie-chili)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained
- medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground red pepper, depending on how spicy you want your chili to be
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet (use cooking spray). Transfer to a slow cooker greased with cooking spray.
- Add all remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.