– 4 large, clean sweet potatoes (these taste much better when using white-skinned sweet potatoes, but red/orange-skinned ones may be used as well)
– garlic powder
– table salt
– extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use extra virgin olive oil to grease a large cookie sheet well.
- Slice sweet potatoes (maintaining skin) so that they are about the same size as french fries.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the well-greased cookie sheet.
- Spray the tops of the sweet potatoes with extra virgin olive oil (they sell misters that work well for this).
- Sprinkle the sweet potatoes generously with garlic powder (when I say generously, I mean generously– they won’t have much flavor if you don’t load them up with garlic).
- Bake the sweet potatoes for about an hour, or until the tops appear to be getting “crispy” (helpful hint: “crispy” is not the same as “burnt!”).
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle lightly with table salt.
Enjoy!! This is one of my favorite recipes!! So healthy and clean. =)
Makes 5 servings. Approximate nutrition info per serving: 98 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g protein, 21 g carbohydrates